From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/26/1999 12:33:12 PM Central Standard Time,
rmeuir@mail.coin.missouri.edu writes:

<< Some people have probably
 already introduced 1995 seedlings and I just lined out my first selected
 seedlings from that group to evaluate. >>

Let's hope not.  Assuming the average iris increases by 4 each year, (probably
a generous number) the spring of 1998 would have seen a total of 16 plants
from this seedling--give or take a couple.  Not enough to introduce.  I've
been told you need about 100 plants the year of introduction.  The estimate of
years to introduction when I started was 5-7 years.  This included sending
some for testing in other gardens and sending some to conventions.  Those
seedlings should be ready about 2000-2002.  Of course, if you loose some in
the weeds it complicates the time table.

			95=seed planted
			97=4 plants
			98= 4X4=16 plants
			99= 16 X 4=	64 plants