Nalpion ID

Linda.....I recieved this iris from a friend which we traded irises.  She wrote the name on the fan but by the time I went to read it was already shriveled up and unreadable.  I'm almost sure the name doesn't begin with a "N" but was my best guess.  Because I hadn't joined Iris Chat early enough in the summer I hadn't learn how valuable it was to record my irises and make maps.  Iris chat has taught me a lot!  Now I have at least 3 markers by all my irises, maps of my beds, index cards with information and pictures when possible.  I did have my irises listed on my computer...but not on disk....and had a computer crash.  Another lesson learned. Thanks.
Pat in Maine  Zone 4 johndros@ainop.com

> As best I could
> read it the name of the iris was Nalpion.

Give us more clues - was it printed?  All capital letters?  If lower
case, are the letters curved or straight?  Does the a have a little hump
on top like this font, or is it round with a tail? Did you write it?  If
so, do you routinely make any of your letters funny?  Where did it come
from?  Is it a TB?

I guess you can tell I haven't a clue...<G>

Linda M