Iris blooming. Fertilize?

From: Mara Schaeffer <mschaef@pacbell.net>

      The warm, sunny weather we've been having here in Pasadena, Altadena,
is bringing blooms out on many of the iris beds I pass as I go to work.
Several have been in full bloom, masses of purple or gold.(How do they do
that? The beds are in large clumps. They don't look like they've been moved
for many years.) In my garden, I've had a constant series of single blooms
from one or another of my reblooming iris since December: Clarence,
Hemstitched, and one identified only as "Not Sierra Blue" that froze before
opening. The apple tree and narcissus are in full bloom.
     Should I fertilize my iris now with a Spring "wake up" dose of
fertilizer, or wait?

Altadena Mara
Mara Schaeffer