Re: CULT:TB: Keppel irises in Region 7

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: CULT:TB: Keppel irises in Region 7
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 09:36:48 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Jim in Fenton Missouri wrote:
> Now  'Night Game' has died for me twice and others here in the St. Louis
> area.

Were you watching it closely enough to notice if it died after a lot of
spring freeze damage or after summer drought followed by heavy rain?  My
bet is on the latter - my current hypothesis is that aphylla CAN
contribute that tendency.  To not be totally tolerant of alternating
drought and deluge.  Or that may come completely from somewhere else and
just be coincidental that it shows up in a lot of pedigrees of winter
hardy, summer wet intolerant ones.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA