SPEC: SIGNA and saving seeds

From: Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>

Christopher asked:

> wheres this Signa? and what do they do?
> the seed talk have been so intresteing.

SIGNA is the Species Iris Group of North America, a section
 of the American Iris Society.  It is dedicated to the study,
preservation and promotion of species iris. To be an offical
member you must be a member ofthe AIS.  Non AIS members
my subscribe to the newsletter, also called SIGNA.  One highlight
is the annual seed exchange.  This year's exchange offered about
650 lots of seeds from iris species, hybrids and related plants.

For more information on SIGNA and some information on and
photos of species irises see the web page at www.bigfoot.com/~SIGNA.
(This is a on a new host with much better performance than the
previous one.)

Please note that there has been a change in the membership
secretary not yet reflected on the web site.  Dues ($4/year
or $10/3 years) should be sent to:

Rodney A. Barton
3 Wolters St.
Hickory Creek  TX 75065

As for saving seeds, please read the suggestions that came with
your seed list.  It is important to hand pollinate if there is a chance
that your particular iris will cross with something else in bloom
in your garden.  Seeds listed from named culitvars are most often
open pollinated.

Rodney Barton
Hickory Creek, (North Central) Texas, USA
Zone 7/8, typical temp range 15 - 105 F (-9 - 41 C)

North American Native Iris Web Page: