Re: CULT:TB: Keppel irises in Region 7

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

irises and I have a lot of his.  ryfigge@aol.com>>
>I'm jealous.    >Betty in Bowling Green, KY.

Me too! Catalyst and Rosarita do OK, but I bought FANCY WOMAN, SPIRIT
WORLD, and CHAMPAGNE WISHES, hoping to do some crosses last season. FW
flowered like crazy, but nothing took. The new increases were weak, so I
took out the mother rz and potted it in compost/sand and it has put up 3
strong fans. DAREDEVIL is making a comeback in a pot, after a near death
experience in the garden, and CW is looking close to death. I have
lifted it and potted it, but don't hold much hope.
SPIRIT WORLD reminds me of my grandmothers plastic flowers. It has a
perfectly formed, large fan, with good colour, and no sign of browning
off tips. It has no increase, has not flowered and rarely ever sheds a
leaf. SIVERADO looks like this too. How do I get it to do something?
This particular bed has fruit tree roots through it, and is probably a
little on the acid side. I thought I would give it a good feed of
superphosphate, and lime, cultivate it to aerate the soil, and water it
all in (Late summer here).
I also wonder if the Glaciatas and Luminatas are a little on the weak
side? Another glaciata is malingering, and Flights of Fancy (Keppel) is
not doing a lot, although it has some increase.
Must stop rambling and turn of the computer - I hear thunder rumbling in
the distance, so could have an electrical storm coming.
Cheers, Jan