Re: HYB: SURVIVORS (way too long)

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/27/1999 6:54:11 PM Central Standard Time, lmann@icx.net
writes:

<<  I went to my first show in Lebanon Tennessee
 sometime in the late 80s especially to look at what had managed to bloom
 in spite of one of our spectacular late freezes.  All the experienced
 AIS folks were vastly amused by my enthusiastic note taking and sniffing
 of all the blooms, which were mostly floppy older & not terribly
 attractive blue or purple cultivars. >>

Linda,

It's true we were all smiling at and around you that day.  Not because we
found you amusing, but because we remembered being there.  We were nudging
each other and murmering things like, " Yep, she's got the fever.  Classic
case."  And we were right.  We old timers recognize the symptoms of iris
fever.

Now, tell me you don't go thru a depression for a couple of weeks at the end
of bloom season.  And don't we grow rebloomers because we refuse to give up?

Betty from B. G. KY