Re: HYB: Pollination vectors

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

Jim,

Black-chinned Hummingbirds (Archilochus alexandri), the only species that
nests locally, do visit TB iris blooms here. Their contact time is very
brief, so I am not sure if they are feeding from the flowers or merely
inspecting them. I have not taken note of color preferences.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com