HYB: Pollination vectors

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: HYB: Pollination vectors
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:23:43 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

James - I see hummingbirds in my iris beds, but they ignore the irises
and go after the wild red morning glories that I always leave for them.
Various sizes and shapes of bumblebees seem to foster bee pods on the
irises.  After one year with zero honey bees and hardly any other
pollinators (wasps etc), last year was a bit better, and this morning,
honey bees and swarms of slightly bigger than gnat sized bee type
critters were all over the species crocuses and henbit.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA