Re: HYB: Pollination vectors

From: JEM300@aol.com

Hi James,

A very interesting question you pose.....

I only have ruby throated hummingbirds here and we have quite a few whizzing
around since I do hang a sugar water feeder.

I have one Siberian iris they are very attracted to and will repeatedly visit
this clump all the while it is blooming.  The siberian is very tall growing
(about 45") and the variety is DRAGONFLY.  I have not noticed them visiting
other siberians or other iris for that matter.  They may....I just have not
noticed.

Orioles pass through my area too early to get into my irises.

Linda Doffek
West Bend, WI  Zone 5
Member AIS, SSI, and WIS