Re: TB: red-bearded blacks

From: "Randy C. Meuir" <rmeuir@mail.coin.missouri.edu>

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, vince lewonski wrote:

> I planted NIGHT GAME in '97. Didn't bloom last year, and died of rot
> in summer. (Does this prove Linda's theory?
I think there may be something to Linda's theory. I had been thinking
about getting Night Game for some time and was able to get it as a door
prize last year. After being planted it just sat there but didn't  appear
to be dying. When the Fall rains started I noticed it started looking bad
and inspection revealed it had rot on the underside of the rhizome. The
plant died. I think next year I will pot new iris as Chris suggested and
keep them in a cool place until late Fall. Daylily people often pot new
plants and keep them in the shade until established. It sounds like a good
idea for iris.
I think Jim Loveland told me he had lost Tom Johnson. Is that true Jim,
and what were the circumstances?

Columbia, MO