Cult: Iris Bloom

From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>

I enjoy all parts of growing Iris. Even digging. I give the best care I
can, that is part of  Gardening . I can understand , for landscape purposes
an iris that needs very little care. But for me careing for them is a big
part of it.

All this work is for the great reward.---- Bloom Time----. take away bloom
time and all my Iris will go. How many out there would grow iris just for
there leaves? Not me. So to me the bloom is the most important thing. I
haven't had a lot of experience with iris that will not grow.

I am in South West Ohio we have bad  temperature fluctuations, no snow
cover. The last two years have been very wet. I had a leaf spot problem in
one bed. That bed was extremely over crowded. No air circulation. To me it
is unreal the abuse they will take and still grow. The only abuse they will
not stand for in my experience is no sunlight. If they are growing in a
patch of weeds the will not get enough sun. I am talking about bearded
iris.

I am not interested in breeding for no care iris that have great leaves and
poor blooms.

Michael D. Greenfield
redear@infinet.com