HIST:CAT: 1999 HIPS Commercial Sources List

From: HIPSource@aol.com

Here -- assuming all this will line up correctly after being mailed --- is the
1999 Commercial Source Listing from HIPS, the Historic Iris Preservation
Society. HIPS is a special interest group affiliated with AIS concerned with
hybrid irises more than thirty years old and historically important Iris
species. This list supercedes any previously published list.  Please observe
that there are changes this year, both additions and deletions, and changes
within the notices themselves.

This information will be published in the 1999 issues of ROOTS, the twice
yearly journal of the Society, and will be included on the HIPS webpage, but,
because this new list will not be published until the Spring issue of ROOTS,
and because some people may wish to request catalogs from these sources before
it is received, we are bringing it to the attention of this forum now.

It should be remembered that a listing on the Commercial Source page of ROOTS
is a paid notice, one for which HIPS and HIPSource are very grateful indeed as
these sources underwrite their page financially, and thereby make this very
useful current information available to you. But a listing on this page does
not constitute an endorsement of any listing nursery either by this office, or
by HIPS. We cannot warranty your satisfaction with any individual transaction.
But since we are also a referral service, we are always interested in hearing
about any experiences that are out of the ordinary, whether positive or
otherwise. We solicit all responsible information about service and
cooperativeness, or about plant quality, and we are particularly interested in
comments this year as there are some new sources listed.

Please address all questions about catalog contents to the nursery issuing the
catalog itself. They are best able to clarify, explain, or answer any
questions about their terms of trade or catalog copy.

If you are looking for referrals to places to buy specific historic irises,
please feel free to contact me off list with your questions. This office has
information provided by some nurseries about things not listed in their
catalogs. We will attempt to help all, although inquiries from HIPS members
must take precedence in busy times.

We are always interested in hearing about other sources of older or species

Here is the new list. Enjoy!

Anner M. Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society, AIS

P.O. Box 1135, Vernon, BC, CANADA
(250) 776-1394, E-mail: ambrosia@silk.net
Bearded and Beardless. Major awards. Uncommon irises.
Cat: $2C, $3US, $5C other. Will export, inquire.

910 Pioneer Circle E., Argyle, TX 76226-6714
(940) 464-3680, E-mail: argliris@gte.net
Bearded pre-1900 to present. Most Am. Dykes.
2 first class stamps for list.

6940 Fairplay Rd., Somerset, CA  95684
(530) 620-5017, E-mail: jhess@innercite.com
Large selection TBs 1930s through 1960s.
Catalog $1.00

8790 WR124, R.R#1, Guelph, ON, N1H 6H7 (CANADA)
(519) 856-4424
Bearded and Beardless. Canadian Historics.
Catalog US$2.00, refundable with 1st order. Export to all.

887 Co Rte 3, Hannibal, NY 13074
(315) 598-3346, E-mail: Ron2Don@aol.com
Upstate NY's largest iris display. Irises for everyone.
List $3.00, refundable with 1st order.

FORTE'S IRIS GARDENS--Mary and Virginia Forte
9320 Lakota Way, Atascadero, CA 93422
(805) 466-7958,  E-mail: jforte21@aol.com
TBs, some MEDs, 1890-present. Many Am. Dykes.
Catalog: $1.50, refundable with 1st order

FOXES IRIS PATCH--Vince and Donna Fox
92 48th St. SW,  Huron, SD 57350-6543
(605) 352-2107,  E-mail: foxesiris@midco.net
TBs 1930-1990s.
Catalog $3.00, refundable with 1st order.

HOLLY LANE GARDENS--Jack and Jan Worel
10930 Holly Ln., Osseo, MN 55369
(612) 420-4876, E-mail: jworel@aol.com
Primarily Bearded TBs, some MEDs, pre/post 20s
Catalog upon request.

IRIS CITY GARDENS--Macey and Greg McCullough
502 Brighton Pl.,  Nashville, TN 37205
(615)386-3778 E-mail: icity@msn.com
Primarily Hist/current Beardless, selected Hist. Bearded.
Catalog upon request.

IRIS COUNTRY--Roger R. Nelson
6219 Topaz St. NE, Brooks, OR 97305
TBs 1900-'70, SIBs 1920-'70
Catalog $1.50. Export to Canada.

20272 Road 11 NW, Quincy, WA  98848
(509) 787-2968 E-mail: lcmiller@televar.com
Dykes and many older Bearded irises.
Catalog $1.00.

1415 Meadow Dale Dr., Lincoln, NE 68505-1940
(402) 464-7232
Bearded irises 1940-70.
List upon request.

O'BRIEN IRIS GARDEN--Lois and J. Dan O'Brien
3223 Canfield Rd., Sebastapol, CA  95472
(707) 824-9223,  E-mail: jdobrien@MCI2000.com
All Bearded classes, pre1900-present, Reb., All Am. Dykes.
Catalog $1.00. Free with garden visit.

RIVERVIEW IRIS GARDEN--Anthony and Irene DeRose
21680 Upper Pleasant Ridge, Caldwell, ID 83605
(208) 453-1305
Large selection TBs 1937-1970. Most Am. Dykes.
Catalog $5.00. Export to Canada, France, Slovakia.

Maurine K. Blackwell
109 Sourdough Ridge Road, Bozeman, MT 59715
Primarily TBs 1930-70 and others.
List for long SASE.

SUPERSTITION IRIS GARDENS--Richard Tasco and Roger Duncan
2536 Old Highway, Cathey's Valley, CA 95306 DEPT H9
(209) 966-6277  E-mail: randrcv@sierratel.com
Most Bearded classes pre-1900-today. Arilbreds. Rebloomers.
Catalog $1.50. Export to most countries. Please inquire.

WILLOW BEND FARM--Bob and Lynn Denton
1154 HWY 65, Eckert, CO  81418
(970) 835-3389  E-mail: denton@fgn.net
All Am.Dykes, other Dykes and Historics.
Catalog upon request.

1225 Reynolds Rd., Cross Junction, VA 22625
(540) 888-4447  E-mail: VSpoon@aol.com
Bearded of all ages and classes, Reb. Some Dykes'.
List $2.00.Refundable with 1st order.Will export. Inquire.

WOODLAND IRIS GARDEN--Gordon and Lorraine Nicholson
2405 Woodland Ave., Modesto, CA 95358
(209) 578-4184  E-mail: iris4u@pacbell.net
Bearded Historics in many colors and sizes.
Catalog $1.00, refundable with 1st order.