Re: TB: red on yellow

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

Jeff Walters wrote:
>  AUTUMN ECHO has been a strong grower and a reliable bloomer here for
many
>  years. It even lived up to its name, once!
>   >>
> This is great news.  I've never seen it.  Know of anyone who still
carries it
> in a catalog?

Betty,

Winterberry Iris Gdns listed it in '98 - all their vital statistics are
included in the 1999 HIPS Source List that Anner posted earlier today.

AUTUMN ECHO has a real will to bloom here in the spring - it had 10 stalks
on a third year clump here last year, but that is nothing compared to what
it did in '85 when it put up 26 stalks on a single four-year-old clump. AE
blooms very early - it is usually the first TB to come into bloom here -
when it doesn't get cut down by a late frost.

jcwalters@bridgernet.com