Re: New Subject: Judges Training

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

Irisborer@aol.com wrote:
> When you have received your 10 hours, you will need to get the recommendation
> of 5 accredited judges that you be advanced to apprentice status.

I have heard it stated this way before, but is there really any necessary
ordering between the schooling and letters? My reading of the Judges Handbook
doesn't seem to say so.

I have written letters for students who knew a lot about irises, well before
they completed the 10 hours. Was that wrong? And if so, why?

mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles
President of San Fernando Valley Iris Society