Re: HYB: hybridizing for yellow (or any other color)

From: Mike00Rita@aol.com

Hi Dennis
     I suspect that doing crosses with the NA natives is just being done in
the back yards of people who just like to dabble. If something comes along
which they really like and are willing to get it out to the rest of us great
then the popularity of sharing our hobby will be stronger. I suspect that the
back yard dabbler really doesn't care what anyone else thinks of his (or her)
game. They just love growing stuff which makes them happy. I enjoy growing the
different types of iris as a way to extend the bloom season, the different
shapes and sizes, the challenges of what grows where best, texture and color.
The list is endless but some people seem to want just a certain color in a
specific location. Viva La difference!

Rita B
with an opinion to share this evening
zone7