Re: HYB:Hybridizing and age

From: "Jeff and Carolyn Walters" <jcwalters@bridgernet.com>

James Brooks asked:
> > << First question, of course, in reading of some of these 20 year
> projects,
> >  is whether it is worth the trouble to even start getting involved
> at age 59
and Vince Lewonski replied:
>    Besides, rumor has it that irisarians live longer because we wanna
> see what will bloom next year...

I believe that Stephana Woodside did not start hybridizing irises until she
was over 70, and in the 60's and 70's she introduced a number of
well-regarded and award winning TBs, such as POP O'SHA and SWEETWATER,
among others. So, don't let your age deter you James!

jcwalters@bridgernet.com