From: "John Bruce" <jbruce@infinet.com>

>Shears seems to me to set out the matter very well in his recent book The Gardener's Iris Book.
He says: "A
>Plicata has a white or light yellow ground color with darker markings of red, blue or violet
>Around the edge of each petal…The markings often look like stitching since the color
>concentrates at the ends of the petal's veins.

Where does this allow for the classification of Pandora's Purple as a plicata?
It has dark purple plicata markings on a mid violet ground. Not even a hint of
white or yellow appears in the bloom. Is it not a plicata, or is it an exception?

John Bruce
President, Miami Valley Iris Society
AIS Region 6 / SW OH Zone 5 / Sunset Zone 35