Re: New Subject: Judges Training

From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>

> When you have received your 10 hours, you will need to get the
> recommendation of 5 accredited judges that you be advanced to > apprentice status.
> I have heard it stated this way before, but is there really any
> necessary ordering between the schooling and letters? My reading of
> the Judges Handbook doesn't seem to say so.
> I have written letters for students who knew a lot about irises, well
> before they completed the 10 hours. Was that wrong? And if so, why?

>From what I have been taught you do NOT have to wait until their 10
hours are completed before writing a letter of reccomendation.  In Texas
it is not at all uncommon to be asked to write a letter of reccomdation
immediately following a tutoring session.  What is critical is that the
letter be written for a prospective judge that YOU have tutored.  I
think this stipulation holds throughout AIS, but have been wrong before.

Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7 Usda, Zone 10 Sunset
Average:   rainfall of 17.76", wind speed of 12.5 mph, 164 days
of clear weather, 96 of which dip below freezing.