Re: "OT-BIO:"Pat Cory

From: Glenn Simmons <glsimmon@swbell.net>

pat cory wrote:

> From: patcory@webtv.net (pat cory)
>
>     I have been growing iris for twelve years here in central Iowa.  I
> sell a few rhizomes at the farmers market in Des Moines.  We currently
> have about two hundred varieties of tall bearded and  and forty
> siberian.
>      Will enjoy hearing from everyone about their iris.

Hi Pat Cory,

My name is Linda and my husband Glenn.  We grow Iris in Missouri, southwest
portion.  I have raised  Iris for about 15 years.  Glenn has been in  Iris
for the 3rd year this year.  Lady Friend hooked Glenn on Iris.  I had grown
it for several years, but it wasn't until 3 years ago that Glenn noticed it
and fell in love with it.  I am a horticulture major with enough hours to
graduate but missing some math classes to complete the degree.    Iris were
my first love in flowers and probably my last.  Like roses but they are too
much trouble.

Hope your enjoy the Iris talk.  You can learn a lot from these people.  They
also give a lot of laughs too.

Sincerely,

Linda Owen Simmons

--