Re: AIS: Judges Training

From: Irisborer@aol.com

In a message dated 1/30/1999 10:15:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ddbro@llano.net writes:

<< From what I have been taught you do NOT have to wait until their 10
 hours are completed before writing a letter of reccomendation.  In Texas
 it is not at all uncommon to be asked to write a letter of reccomdation
 immediately following a tutoring session.  What is critical is that the
 letter be written for a prospective judge that YOU have tutored.  I
 think this stipulation holds throughout AIS, but have been wrong before. >>

Oh I see the problem here.  I mean to say that you need your 10 hours before
advancing to Apprentice.  As for the letters of recommendation, of course they
can be requested and written any time at all.  I mean that to say that those
are the two criteria.

So we're all on the same page after all!!

Kathy Guest
East Aurora, NY