AIS: Potluck Region 7

From: StorYlade@aol.com

In a message dated 1/30/1999 8:13:02 AM Central Standard Time,
hirundo@tricon.net writes:

<< For you or anyone else, I'd be interested in knowing of anyone
 putting on a seminar starting with the basics for inexperienced wannabes.  >>

I don't know if you belong to AIS or not.  Either way you may not be aware of
the upcoming Region 7 AIS Winter Potluck.  SO . . . coming to a location near

February 27th - 28th 1999
Henry Horton State Park
Chapel Hill, Tn
931-364-2222 OR
Reservations need to be made ASAP

Speakers: (Judges training morning of 28th)
Bonnie & Hooker Nichols
Dallas, TX

Potluck begins at 5:00 PM CST (27th)

Unfortunately, none of the literature I have on this tells the subject of the
judges training.  My guess is that it will be either TB's or Balloting.  If
anyone on the list has knowledge of the subject, please post.

James, although the subject is not 'beginning hybridizing,' the location is
fairly near you, and you are assured of finding several hybridizers at this
meeting who are usually willing to talk informally about their obsessions.
The meeting usually attracts AIS members-judges, commercial garden owners, and
hybridizers-from other regions.

This is a great opportunity to meet with iris people without the conflict of
garden tours/shows and the stress of fall planting.  We usually cram a lot of
fun into this weekend.  It's farther south for most of us which is a definite
plus.  If we want blooms, there is usually a slide collection or two somewhere
in the crowd.

The RVP's husband, Hugh Thurman, has a program on hybridizing and is available
and willing to present this program to clubs throughout the region.

Mark your calendar.  Don't miss this opportunity to spend time in a secluded
hideaway with 100+ beautiful and delightful iris people!
Betty Wilkerson--KY (Region 7)