Re: HYB: CULT: Essig

From: Barb Johnson <lgjohnsn@ipa.net>

Linda Mann wrote:
> From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
> In the front of the 1939 checklists, in the biography of Essig, it says
> he was interested in scientific breeding and selection for hardiness.  I
> notice that SHINING WATERS, which shows up in ancestry of more than one
> of my better performers here, is an Essig iris.
> Does anybody know of other Essig introductions?
> Does anybody grow any Essig irises in the lands of rollercoaster
> freeze/thaws flood/droughts?
> Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
EASTER MORN was in the 1996 HIPS sale. There is also MOUNT WASHINGTON
and STIPPLES (don't know who has these).
PALE MOONLIGHT -- Nicholls nursery had it last year
SHINING WATERS, in case you don't have it -- Argyle Acres
SIERRA BLUE -- everyone sells this one. I got it last year.

Somewhere I have a list of Essig irises, but most of them haven't shown
up in commerce.         Cheers, Barb         Anner would know.
Barb Johnson			mailto:lgjohnsn@ipa.net
Near Springfield, SW Missouri	AIS, ISO, HIPS, RIS, MIS
USDA Zone 5b			AIS Region 18 (KS & MO)