HIST:CAT: HIPSource Referrals

From: HIPSource@aol.com

In a message dated 1/31/99 2:34:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jcwalters@bridgernet.com writes:

<< STIPPLES was in the '94 HIPS Sale, so someone must be growing it.  >>

One hopes so. But 1994 is along time ago in the fragile world of historic

Requests for where-to-buy information will be received by HIPSource starting
February 1, with preferences being shown to HIPS members when time is short.
The nurseries prefer that only current information be disseminated and
HIPSource appreciates their support and respects their wishes, therefore
referrals are made  from fresh information provided by the nurseries

I may, or I may not, provide referrals for inquiries posted to this forum. If
I do, I will respond privately to avoid creating stampedes. I answer all
inquiries received by this office, whether from HIPS members or not, but I am
not obliged to run around making myself crazy answering inquiries not
addressed to me directly.

Please respect our time and prioritize your list. I actually received a list
of 123 --that is one hundred and twenty-three --irises that someone wanted me
to find for them. Often lists of fifteen or twenty show up. Each iris must be
looked up in up to thirty or so catalogs or collection lists. Remember,
HIPSource is a dedicated volunteer, but no masochist.

Anner Whitehead
Commercial Source Chairman
Historic Iris Preservation Society,AIS