HYB: CAMELOT ROSE x Blue Plicata

From: Sharon McAllister <73372.1745@compuserve.com>

Linda Mann wrote:

>  If CAMELOT ROSE (pink standards, purple falls with pink trim) were
>  crossed with a blue plicata (white standards, white falls with blue
>  trim), could you get a pink offspring?

Probably not.....

1.      As I recall, CAMELOT ROSE has silvery lilac standards -- that's
pinkish from modified anthocyanidin -- rather than tangerine pink.   So we
have no evidence that it has the needed carotenoid precursors or the
requisite doses of the t-factor to pass on.

2.      That blue plicata would have to be VERY carefully selected.  From
its appearance alone, we know that it doesn't have full anthocyanidin
distribution.  From its pedigree and analysis of its parents and sibs, we'd
also want to know that it carries the requisite potential for yellow and
pink but doesn't express them because it also carries a carotenoid

Never say 'never' -- but the odds are against it.

Sharon McAllister