OT:TS Bill

Tropical Storm Bill turned away from us and headed straight toward
Linda Mann if I read Wunderground radar correctly.

We got rain early yesterday morning from the outer bands of the
storm, but it stopped before lunch.  We have had a few sprinkles
since, with little to add to our total of 31.5 inches already this year.
What a relief after hearing the weatherman say we might get five to
seven inches of unneeded rain.

Surprisingly, there has been very little rot and leafspot - thanks to
terraclor and maybe *full strength* Dial germicidal liquid hand soap.
I had no success slowing the rot by mixing Dial with water.

All this rainfall, lack of heat, and little sunshine have delayed the
seed harvest.  I still have lots of pods that are as green as gourds.

are in bloom.  I see a gladiolus type stalk coming on ASCII ART.

Cotton, corn, and bean farmers are mighty happy.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA (Thinking that the July 4th week-end may be
the first dig for some  West Coast shippers, meaning boxes will start
arriving here next week.  Time to have a potting party).