HYB: Pod help

While working in the garden today I discovered that one my cats had
knocked off the stalk of an SDB cross.  The pod was still attached to
the stalk so I brought the whole thing in and stuck it in a glass of
water.  Is their anything special I need to do to the water?  What is my
next move from here?  I really would like to save the pod if at all
possible.  Thanks for any help!

Kelly D. Norris
Master Gardener/Freelance Writer
Bedford, Iowa
Zone 4b/5a
List owner rare-plants
Newsletter Editor, Iowa Bluebird Conservationists