Re: HYB: Pod help

--- "Kelly D. Norris" <kellydn@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>>> The pod was still attached to the stalk so I brought the
whole thing in and stuck it in a glass of water.  Is their
anything special I need to do to the water?  <<<

Kelly,

That is the way I usually have selected pods ripen and I just
change the water daily. A few years ago on the old iris-l,
someone posted that method. I first tried it with some collected
I. versicolor pods that I was afraid would get mowed down by the
road crews since the wild stand was on the road-side.

Ellen

=====
Ellen Gallagher <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3

IRISES: http://www.irises.org