Re: HYB:CULT: let's talk about seeds baby...

This year it's going to be only open-pollinated "bee pods"; the wind got
all the hand-pollinated ones.  The early counts have been 2 to 35 good
seeds per pod, with the lowest counts in the IB's (Eleanor Roosevelt
averaged three seeds per pod).  So far the IB, MTB, and nearly all bearded
species are done fruiting, but the TB's are mostly just starting to split
now, and they should be higher numbers (?).  The I. junonia from Iris
Colorado had a nice fat pod, but it seems to have vanished, that upset me a
bit (probably in some rodent's belly?).

Oh, and when I wrote my comments about seeds still being white when the
pods first crack open, I mentioned the germanicas being smooth and nearly
round.  By the third day they have nicely wrinkled surfaces, and look more
like the pallida seeds  -  left that part out.

Dave