Re: HYB: TB: Color lines

Lovely Dawn is a fantastic flower and I have it crossed to Broadband.  It's
about the most beautiful plic out there but . . .

I am wondering about the stalk and the bud count on LD in other parts of the
country.  Here, it has only four buds on erratic stalks.  It may bloom too
early and be affected by the cold and that may be the reason for the peculiar
stalks I see on it.

I hope I don't get brown hafts from LD like I got from Change of Pace and
Carnival Song.  The entire batch of seedlings from the cross of Change of Pace
x Cheating Heart was tossed because of dirty brown hafts that came from COP.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (Where a box of irises has arrived from afar).

On 7/2/2003, "Autmirislvr@aol.com" <Autmirislvr@aol.com> wrote:

>In a message dated 7/2/2003 12:44:55 PM Central Standard Time,
>FJMJEDWARDS@worldnet.att.net writes:
>> It was enough to cause me to leave
>> plicata breeding to the experts.  However beauties like Lovely Dawn
>> tempt me to try again.
>Comment???  Faint heart never produces Dykes quality!!!?? ;-)   Never, I
>repeat NEVER, lose hope on first generation results!
>Betty W from South-central KY zone 6
>message text UNSUBSCRIBE IRIS

Walter Moores