Re: RE: Hybridizing Seed set

well Dave,

I think that half the terminology problem is that about half the time when
someone says 'bee pod' they mean 'balloon pod' which is something that is
distinctly different.  So far, I have been able to pick out the 'balloon'
pods by about the second week, but some have said that they were unable to
distinguish them until harvest.

I have a neighbor who has several pods on what she called 'flag' irises.
(I'm not at all sure what exactly that means)  Those pods look like balloon
pods in that they retain their scalloped shape, but you can see the seeds in
to pods the same way as you can in a snow pea pod.  When I popped one of
those pods open the other day the seeds were still green.  So that kinda
makes the whole 'balloon' vs 'bee' thing even more messy.

For what it's worth
christian