RE: Hybridizing Seed set - a big thank you to everyone on the list!!

I want to thank everyone for all of the
terrific information that has been posted
regarding setting pods (and everything else for
that matter!!)  I have had much better
percentages this year by paying attention to
the weather conditions.

I do think that using many cultivars with
ROMANTIC EVENING in their background was
helpful too.  Highly fertile pollen is a great
trait to pass on, especially since most have
been more willing to set pods than RE is
reported to be.

I'm still getting some pods to set even though
it has been very hot and humid.  Hey, I'm not
too worried about looking crazy to the
neighbors to slip out after 2:00 AM with a
flash light. I only have one more stalk coming
on now, so I will just have to wait for the
Rebloomers to kick in to make too many more.

And Chuck,  are you just holding out on us or
did I miss the post on the winners?

Again, thanks everyone!  Have a Happy 4TH!

Robin Shadlow
zone 5, NE

where you better believe I am going to be
working on my aim for the annual water balloon
fight!

Help the planet each day! It's free and easy:
http://www.Care2.com/dailyaction/