Re: LA: shipping procedure

Bill,

Spray-wash and trim off the LA foliage down to eight to ten inches.  Dampen
newspaper and wrap it around the rhizome, leaving the foliage exposed.
Then put the wrapped rhizome into a plastic grocery vegetable baggie with the
foliage exposed.

Twist a rubber band and work it over the rhizome up to the point where the foliage
comes out of the bag to keep the newspaper from drying out

Put individual wrapped and bagged rhizomes into a small drawstring trash bag, again
leaving the foliage exposeed. Draw the string as tight as it will go.   The rhizomes are
then double packed which prevents moisture from leaking and soaking into the
cardboard.  Box and mail.

If you do the above, there will be a happy recipient somewhere down the road.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA