Re: CULT: Irises, daylilies and Stinger

Neil-

Thanks for the advice. My experience with Stinger and Canadian
thistle among the irises is one application whacks the thistle.
My current concern was because of the interplanting with daylilies.
I have heard from several sources that Stinger will not harm the
daylilies, and I already know it is safe for the irises.  Other issues
are that these beds are for the spring regional next year so digging
is not an option.  The thistle sprouts are nearly groundcover-thick
right now and I believe them to be both from compost imported as
well as the result of my Mantis tiller on the undead thistle that was
there during bed prep.  I will keep an eye on the daylilies after spraying,
but overspray and drift at the nursery never harmed them--I just wanted
a sanity check before I tried a direct assault.

John Bruce
Hidden Acres Iris Gardens