RE: Hybridizing- Plicata etc.

Luminatas are a form of plicata as are glaciatas and lumi-plics. Keith posted a good article on this awhile back, it's worth checking out.

I've always considered Ring Around Rosie a plicata and this year a cross of Ruby Eruption X Ring Around Rosie bloomed and everthing that bloomed was a RE look alike (red on yellow plicata) in IB height, with good bud count.
If anyone has results of RAR  time plicata that gave anything other then plicata I would be interested in hearing about it.

I often use carriers. That is crossing two differnt colour types and taking the best of the offpring to pull back what I want. Right now I have a not so pretty off yellow with black beards from a cross of a blue bearded pink with a blue bearded white, that I've been crossing onto blue bearded pinks to get the pink back. Some of these ugly ducklings can produce good babies.