  From: Chuck Chapman
  To: iris@hort.net
  Sent: Friday, July 04, 2003 3:56 AM
  Subject: [iris] RE: Hybridizing- Plicata etc.

  Luminatas are a form of plicata as are glaciatas and lumi-plics. Keith
posted a good article on this awhile back, it's worth checking out.

  I've always considered Ring Around Rosie a plicata and this year a cross of
Ruby Eruption X Ring Around Rosie bloomed and everthing that bloomed was a RE
look alike (red on yellow plicata) in IB height, with good bud count.
  If anyone has results of RAR  time plicata that gave anything other then
plicata I would be interested in hearing about it.

  I often use carriers. That is crossing two differnt colour types and taking
the best of the offpring to pull back what I want. Right now I have a not so
pretty off yellow with black beards from a cross of a blue bearded pink with a
blue bearded white, that I've been crossing onto blue bearded pinks to get the
pink back. Some of these ugly ducklings can produce good babies.

  Comprehensive protection for your entire computer. Get your free trial

  message text UNSUBSCRIBE IRIS