OT: Daylily Seed

Kelly, I don't think daylily seed need stratification at all.

I plant my daylily seeds as soon as the pod splits open..

Last year there were eighteen seeds in one pod that was planted in late July.
All eighteen germinated in about two weeks, and seventeen bloomed in late May and
June of this year - one year from seed.

If I plant the seeds in the spring, it is around the end of March and germination has
always been in the 95%+ range.

I wish iris seeds were that easy to process and germinate.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8