Re: OT: Daylily Seed

They do not increase as fast as irises.  Also, have you ever tried to dig one?
Now, I know some people who can pull off one increase from an established
clump, but I have always mutilated the rootball when I've tried to do it.  If
they are growing in clay or gumbo, forget it.

I had always planted my seed in the spring following the cross until I visited
a hybridizer in Louisiana who told me to plant the seeds immediately after the
pods split.  Voila! It worked in MS, too.  I don't think it matters if the
parents are tet, dip, dormant, or evergreen.  But, you must have a long fall
growing season.  Mine can grow into December before they are finally zapped by
cold weather.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

On 7/7/2003, "Showtime Farm" <showtime@bbtel.com> wrote:

>walter,
>
>if daylilies are that easy to play with how do they ever get away with
>charging $200 for a new intro?
>
>christian
>ky

Walter Moores