Re: OT: Daylily Seed

Betty,

I believe every situation is different. There are so many factors involved.
We could sit here and list them all day.  I know one daylily hybridizer who
introduced a new plant at $175.00 and had 400 plants available when it was
released.  He still had a waiting list after shipping these initial orders.

I am a small time daylily hybridizer who has casually sold my introductions
to people that have visited the garden or seen my web site.  I sold about 12
of my  WIGGLE WORM over the past year for $75.00.  After the daylily
National Convention I sold my remaining stock of 20 plants, and could easily
have sold another 50 if I had them.  The plant was "discovered" at the
convention because I guested it to one garden and it put on a nice display.
My garden web design and garden video production is more of my real
business, not selling plants.  However, it is fun when people enjoy the
flowers you hybridize.

I bet we all have stories to share either about ourselves or that we have
heard from friends about the selling of plants.

I am off to Ohio and Pennsylvania in the morning to visit gardens, video
gardens, attend a daylily regional, give a presentation, and have fun with
plants for the next week.

Happy Gardening,
Bobby

Bobby Baxter