Re: RE: Hybridizing- Plicata etc.

Why is it that the iris you describe is not the same as the one in the
description you published for RAR?

Your 'genetic analysis' says that you have an iris with solid yellow
standards, but the description of RAR says the S are white with a gilt edge.
I pulled the picture and it looks to me like the description matches the
flower.  Is this one of those cases where the flower just didn't bloom in
the home garden as pretty as it did in the picture?

I'm looking at the Cooley's catalog page and it  looks like WHISPERING
SPIRITS exhibits all of the traits Cooley's names for the series.  Would a
cross of RAR w/ another iris from the same strain give you a better chance
of getting what you are looking for?

I'm terribly confused.