HYB:Seed & Rebloom (was planting . . . )

In a message dated 7/7/2003 11:58:13 AM Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

> Did I remember correctly that they were late season seeds
> that were planted after soil temperatures were cool in early fall

Yes.  Wasn't it the fall of 2001 that several of us reported 2nd year pots
with sprouting seed? I recall that those made it through the winter for me.
Definitely NOT fresh seed, but a relatively rare occurance.  I don't remember if
we had a really mild winter that year, or what other factors might be
responsible.

I have four seedlings with stalks.  1510-1Re has bloomed in July both 2002 &
2003.  I know that some of you are wondering why I would be excited over this?
July bloom in my area is VERY rare. (I'm not even sure I approve!) And all of
these are showing typical spring characteristics. They all have two things in
common.  INNOCENT STAR is the pod parent and each is 1/4 EARL OF ESSEX.  I
just thought someone out there might be interested.

Betty W. in South-central KY zone 6