[irisHYB: REB: July bloom-Camera

In a message dated 7/8/2003 10:46:21 AM Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

> When are you going to get a digital camera

Hold on to your hats! I bought a Canon Supershot A70. Got it something like
Friday night! Scared to death of the thing! Oh, dear! How do I set the
resolutions? And just how does that optical zoom work?  (See all the fun I'm about to
have?)

Went out yesterday to take a shot of that yellow one that's blooming. Jim's
pet japaneese beetles had riddled the thing. Found four of them nestled in the
heart of the bloom. Two stalks, so I should be able to find a fresh bloom
before it's gone. Did find out that upper 90's kinda leaches the color out some,
but only the yellow.

Got three inches of rain in my gauge out there. Weeds look like someon gave
them a dose of  . . . . awe, cancel that thought. I guess they're eating on the
same slow release I gave the irises!!!  Such a life!

Thanks, Linda.

Betty W. from South-central Ky zone 6