Re: AIS: Judges Ballots

On 8 Jul 2003 at 14:38, Catherine Button wrote:

> Letter to the AIS Bulletin Editor and the AIS . . .

> In case my poor verse does not carry the message, I would dearly love to
> see the due date for the judges ballot for the AIS awards be moved to a
> later date. It certainly was a late season of iris bloom this year here
> in New Jersey zone 6b, and it served to show how nearly impossible it
> would be to ever vote a ballot in time if I lived in zone 4 or the like!

    I think this bloom season was unusually late or extended all over the country this
year.

   And, if memory serves me correctly, the judges ballot used to be due July 15th
when I first started voting.

  No doubt about it, an electronic vote would be wonderful.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8 (Schreiner's order arrived today with some very nice looking
plants).