Re: AIS: Serious Stuff about Judges' Ballots

I would dearly love to see the due date for the judges
ballot for the AIS awards be moved to a later date.
<snip>
You think you have a problem in New Jersey voting the Awards
Ballot? I am an AIS Garden Judge in USDA Zone 3a. I hope your
sentiments were included with your ballot about the incredibly
impossible AIS deadline.
Bruce FIlardi was kind enough to forward my note to the right folks...
I mostly made the request thinking of folks like you. While I didn't have that much trouble voting the bearded part it was far more of a rush rush compiling my notes. And for the first time in memory (maybe forever) I may have JIs still blooming come August!

For those of us in USDA Zones 3 & 4, I will ask for July 15th as
a 'minimum' for the bearded classes and hopefully Aug. 1st for
Siberians. I still have Siberians in blooming (first bloom)
today, July 8th.
I think it is an annoyance having multiple due dates. Why not send them all in on Sept 1st? Perhaps I'm just inserting foot in mouth but I think it would still be possible to compile the results by November... and if you make the date really reasonable, then there's no reason to do anything with late votes except deposit them in the circular file!

I will not even touch on voting electronically...
Hahaha. Yep, thats why I said it would be a nice-to-have. But I would be happy with something simple, a plain text ballot you can maybe download, fill out and email.

There are very few AIS Judges in USDA Zones 3 & 4 and I may be
I heard tell there are a few in Canada. Perhaps not any more if they have to vote only on ones seen from notes taken the year before! No longer on the ballot, oh well...

Ellen Gallagher,
thanks (you and the other folks) for the feedback. I was kinda hoping I wasn't the only one to wish for this...
Are we having fun yet! <grin>

cathy
--
Catherine Button Network Administrator cathy@pavcal.com