Re: OT:new digital camera

Neil and others,

I believe it was the most recent issue of Digital Photography magazine that advertised an attachment that was sort of like an extended box to fit over the screen area so you could view the LCD screen in the shade from it. One draw back was that the item seemed pretty expensive, over $300 if I remember correctly. I wonder if a piece of one of the big map mailers could be cut down and placed over the LCD screen when you are in bright sunshine. It appeared that the tunnel effect shaded the screen sufficiently when used in bright sunlight. I can't imagine what might fasten it temporarily to the camera but most of you are pretty creative when necessary so someone might have an idea that would work.

I got three shipments of iris today. It is over 93 degrees but the iris look fine. My work is cut out for me.