AIS: question - hosting fall regional

Our local club has volunteered to host an upcoming Region 7 fall
meeting.  It was suggested that we have the meeting at Henry Horton
rather than in Knoxville.  Our club agreed to have the meeting there,
mostly so we wouldn't have to make arrangements here and also because
others (I think Hilda) offered to set things up at Henry Horton.

I have quit going to most of our local club meetings (just not up to all
that driving, especially at night) so wasn't there to hear the
discussion & put in my two cents.

=== I'm curious as to what the rest of you talkers in Region 7 think of

I thought part of the point of having spring and fall regional meetings
hosted by individual clubs was for club members to get around to
different parts of the region.  Maybe even visit a few gardens & hope
for fall bloom?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8