Re: AIS: question - hosting fall regional

In a message dated 7/10/2003 2:01:01 PM Central Standard Time,
lmann@volfirst.net writes:

> Our local club has volunteered to host an upcoming Region 7 fall
> meeting.  It was suggested that we have the meeting at Henry Horton
> rather than in Knoxville.

Linda,   As you know, Hilda has been kind enough to take care of arrangements
at HH for our Winter Pot Luck (Feb) for several years now. It has been a
favored meeting place for Region 7 and had been closed for a couple of years
to TN closing state parks.  We, Kentuckians, look forward to a trip south at
this time as the temperature is always a bit warmer and the grass a bit
 I believe it is probably the most centrally located, after Bowling Green!
Well, if you don't count Nashville itself or Lewisburg.  ;-)

<<<<I thought part of the point of having spring and fall regional meetings
hosted by individual clubs was for club members to get around to
different parts of the region. >>>>

This is especially true for spring meetings due to the garden tour that is
usually a part of the weekend. I am currently trying to encourage fall bloom
the seedling beds at Jim's place and here for this fall (Sept 19 & 20).  I'm
thinking more in terms of cut stalks rather than TOUR.  As you know, fall
date is far from being a clearly defined time/date. Region 7 fall meeting is
usually the 3rd weekend in Sept.  Often just a week short of good rebloom in
this area.  Good rebloom being identified as several cultivars with bloom.  So
far Mother Nature is contributing with good rainfall.

I just don't know that people consider this as important in Fall meetings.

Region 7 Fall meeting/Sept 19-20/Ramada@Bowling Green KY/Friday
night=auction=FUN/Sat=Judges Training/Sat night=Banquet. Welcome=Everyone.

Betty W. in South-central KY zone 6