Birds and rotten blooms

Hello all,

I had a disturbing amount of rotten  and deformed blooms this year.
Anybody else experience this ?

I also had a similar problem that somebody else had on this list with
little a yellow bird eating iris blooms.  It appeared to be one single
bird that decided they tasted good but he only picked on certain
cultivars.  It appears that plicatas and light selfs or pastels were his
cup of tea.  CELEBRATION SONG, STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN and UNICORN took a
real beating.  I think I could have prevented this though had I
remembered to refill the bird feeder so I take 100% blame for this since
he was a regular customer at my birdie restaurant ;-)

Regards
Christopher Darlington
Lafontaine Quebec 4b

For those fascinated with and interested in in-depth discussions about
Space Age Iris, please check out:

Horns, Spoons and Flounces, Space Age Robin
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spaceagerobin/