HYB: REB: another pleasant bonus

Here in southern California, particularly in coastal regions, we have had an
atypically hazy early summer, with only a few brief stretches of real summer
heat.  This seems to have produced some secondary bloom phases on a small
number of iris for me, many of which are not typically rebloomers at all

One true rebloomer is entering its third bloom cycle of the year, this time
with 3 more stalks (on a clump half the size of a placemat, that's pretty
good).  It is that wildly patterned, well ruffled, reblooming space-age
plicata of mine with huge lacy flounces and wide shoulders.  Too bad the
@#$%$* thing is just a BB with marginal bud count.  It did set a pod each on
Select Circle and Lovely Dawn for me this year, and two each both ways with
Double Vision last fall (similar stalks here, though listed as a TB).  Guess
I'll find out soon if the last of my saved Double Click pollen is still
viable.  If Double Click reblooms again soon, I'll have the pollen from this
seedling ready.  I keep hoping to get a take on a tall plic or luminata, like
Laugh Lines, Stage Lights, or ?.  Want better bud count and height.  Not good
enough on its own merits, but potentially a really interesting parent.

John Reeds, in 9b San Juan Capistrano