HYB: Bleach and seeds

Okay, I maybe thinking a little extreme but I had the following thought:
Would it be possible to soak iris seeds in a diluted solution of bleach
and water to remove inhibitors?  I assume that the inhibitors are
located somewhere in the seed coat which it seems to me that if the
bleach removed the inhibitors before it got to the seed the seed would
be fine and you could move ahead with culture etc.  Any ideas on how
long this might take?  I thought I might experiment on some bee pods.
Just a thought, I am very open to comments/criticisms etc.

Happy irising,

Kelly D. Norris
Master Gardener/Freelance Writer
Bedford, Iowa
Zone 4b/5a
List owner rare-plants
Newsletter Editor, Iowa Bluebird Conservationists